Monday, March 21, 2005

Closer to God

Thought #1

God is good. He really cares. If only we trusted in Him!

The problem is we are so half-hearted. We are not focused. We need to will with all our heart, all our strength. Yes, tell the Lord: I need YOU! I can't do anything without you! Lord, come into my life, heal me, cleanse me, wash me, strengthen me, bless me. Our prayers should be more focused. What do I want? Can't I tell Him clearly what I want, what I need? Why should my mind drift? Why can't I stay focused? Lord, save me from a wandering mind. Lord, save me from a wayward heart.

The presence of God. This is the most important thing about a Christian, about a child of God. I have His presence with me. I have to recognize that. I can lose that presence - the sense of that Presence! Straightaway, we begin to understand the Psalms. They have a lot to do with the presence of God. Do we have such a close, intimate walk with God? Am I conscious of the fact that He lives in my spirit? in my heart? He is there! And I have to get in touch with Him...to hear His still small whisper. To feel His loving and living touch. The warm embrace of His presence. 'Under the shadow of His wings', as David puts it.

Lord, give me the strength to continue this Journal.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home