Monday, March 21, 2005

Still Closer to God

Thought #2

Being still closer to God. How can I be intimate with God? By being honest, holy and humble. Lord, you know I love you. Lord, you know my heart. Lord, you know how weak I am. How often I have grieved your Spirit! Lord, I want to be close to you, to experience the wonderful Presence of the Lord.

It is a fact. There is the Presence of the Lord. He is right there by your side. He is right there in your heart. A loving and living God. A loving God. How often I have grieved Him! How often my wayward heart has sought other pleasures! The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked. O wretched man that I am! Again and again I have failed. Lord, I need you. You have to hold me with your right hand. You have to lead me and guide me. You have to keep your presence with me. 'Under the shadow of Your wings'. 'Underneath ...the everlasting arms'.

You are a real Presence. When I have gone astray in thought, word and deed - I lost your presence. But when I confessed, how quickly did the Blood heal and cleanse and revive me! You are a faithful God. You are my loving and living Lord. I worship You.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Lord, I can only keep trusting in You - keep abiding in You, in Your presence. Keep holding on to You. I have to WILL to be closer to You. I can't drift. There has to be a focus on You. It is a fight. Keep holding on to You. Keep feeding on Your word. Keep on praying: Lord, I need You. I need Your grace. Without you, I can do - I am - nothing.

In Jesus name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home