Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Brief Testimony - How I was Born Again

I was born again through the power of prayer. My wife prayed for me for 10 years, and one day in a marvellous way God came into my life. The date: October 24th, 1990.

I was in a Sabbatarian cult, somewhat like the Seventh Day Adventists. But there was a mixture of Jehovah Witness theology also. I concentrated more on the Old Testament. The Sabbath was a burden to me. I never knew what joy was.

But God in His marvellous grace and mercy, heard the prayers of my wife, and one day when I was going through a severe crisis in my life, God not only opened my eyes but He also gave me great victory in that crisis. So I know what it is to come out of darkness into God's marvellous light. I know what it is to come out of bondage into God's glorious liberty. I know what it is to be dead in sin and then experience eternal life.

I believe strongly in the born again experience. There is a time in your life when Christ comes in, and then you see, you know, and there is 'joy unspeakable and full of glory'.

But those early days do not last. God deepens our faith. He takes us through painful experiences of the cross. Each time we go through a severe trial, we come out on to 'higher ground'. God wants us to experience Him, through the power of resurrection. But death has to take place. So we die to ourselves, our desires, our ambitions, our will -- and we come to realise that God's will is the best for us in our life. There is a verse in Psalm 66.12 which speaks to us:

You made men to ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.

God's ways are mysterious and baffling, but His steady hand keeps holding us and bringing us through. And heaven opens, spiritual things become very real, and the Bible becomes our staple food and we obtain last-minute answers to our prayers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home