Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Faith

This is what Watchman Nee writes about faith in his book, The Normal Christian Life:

1. 'Faith is the substantiating of things hoped for.' [J.N. Darby].

2. Faith makes the real things to become real in our experience. Faith 'substantiates' to us the things of Christ.

3. The Devil is a skilful liar... He will resort to lying signs and feelings and experiences in his attempts to shake us from our faith in God's Word... So we must choose. Will we believe Satan's lie or God's truth? Are we going to be governed by appearances of by what God says?

4. Remember that Satan's attack is always upon our assurance. If he can get us to doubt God's Word, then his object is secured and he has us in his power.

5. 'We walk by faith, not by appearance.' [2 Cor 5.7 mg.]

6. If we refuse to accept as binding anything that contradicts God's Word and maintain an attitude of faith in Him alone, we shall find that Satan's lies begin to dissolve and that our experience is coming progressively to tally with that Word.

7. Faith is 'substantiating' God's facts; and faith is always the 'substantiating' of eternal fact -- of something eternally true.

[These are extracts from the chapter 'Reckoning' in the book, 'The Normal Christian Life' by Watchman Nee. Read the book!]

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

I have several of Watchman Nee's books, so you have quoted a devoted brother in Christ, thst's for sure. We need to read these truths over and over again. Thanks for helping set my mind back on Christ. Reading this post causes me to realize that, perhaps, I've been attacked again by the enemy who so loves to lie and plant despair.

Keep writing for Christ!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Brother Nee, what a great read all of his writings are...Just re-reading Sit, Walk, Stand.
Let us live by the faith of the Son of God, Amen?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Radical One said...

surfed over from no average girl's place...enjoyed your place here. absolutley love the picture of the bridge.

thanks for your wonderful insight on faith.

blessings!
lisa

10:11 PM  
Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

I love Watchman Nee!
His stuff has impacted me in such a deep way, I don't think I even understand it. I have read most of his books and have been so encouraged by his personal walk with Jesus. He was something special.

I am a musician and WN has inspired many of my songs. I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home